Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lost Sucks

The title says it all.

The Roommate has been watching Lost, and I have caught clips because we obviously share the same living room. I still don't like that show.

I remember two years ago I tried to get into it. I really did. I have vowed (we can call it the Arrested Development Amendment) that I will give any tv show I choose to watch at least three episodes to suck me in. Three gives me enough time to get behind characters and care about the plot. If you don't have me by three, you suck.

Two years ago, I gave Lost the three episode test. I put it on and tried to get through it. I watched the first disc of season 1. It was ok. I thought I was enjoying myself. But for whatever reason I got busy and couldn't watch again the next day. Or the next. After a few days of not watching it, I didn't care. I didn't give a shit if i was bored or not, Lost didn't appeal to me.

Thats not a great sign for a tv show that needs it's fans to be devoted to care about the middle seasons when they apparently explore time travel and alternent universes.

I didn't care about the show before it turned into a fucked up science fiction show, I sure wouldn't care about it then.

I moved on.

In case you are wondering what shows I do suggest, I'll list 10 favorites:
  • The Sopranos
  • Entourage
  • Weeds
  • The Wire
  • Friday Night Lights
  • Dexter
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Archer-cartoon.
  • Scrubs
  • Arrested Development

Peace.

No comments: