Friday, December 31, 2010

The Last Day of 2010

Wow, that was quick. 2010 is on it's way out, and since I'm laid out with a bad back ( I was doing manly shit last night, aka laundry) I'll give you all a quick recap untill it's time for me to suck it up and get dressed up.

With out further ado, here is Clinically Awesomes review of 2010:
  • I lived. It seems foolish now, but there was a time when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me that I did get a little freaked out.
  • I never gave a shit about the Tiger Woods scandle. I'm proud of that.
  • Ben Rothlisburger allegedly sexually assaulted a 19 year old girl in a bar. I have been known to side with the athlete under the idea that the girl is trying to get money. Being that this wasn't the first girl to throw a flag on Big Ben for entrochment, I became more skeptical.
  • I became the master of Beer Pong. No joke, I'm better then you.
  • The Mariners were supposed to be good. Key word: supposed to be.
  • The Girlfriend and I broke up. It wasn't pretty. It also didn't last long. Realizing the error in our ways, we were back together in two shakes of a rabbits tail.
  • My Blazers turned from a feel good up and coming team into a soap opera of bloody vaginas. They also fired Kevin Pritchard, which still hurts to write.
  • Lebron James came out to save the NBA from Heat.W.O. But after he chased Wade and Bosh from the ring, he drops three leg drops on Mo Williams to reveal that he is the third teammate. Drew Careys was later found naked with a cheese steak steak sandwhich in one hand and a gun in the other.
  • There was a time when I was convinced Chris Paul was going to be a Blazer. Then Oden's knee continued to be a pussy, and Brandon Roy's lack of miniscus also became a huge issue causing Rich Cho to say, "whats the f**king point?!"
  • I took a chance on Ben Rothlisburger in my fantasy league due to our new keeper rules and his 4 game suspension keeping his price tag low. I also took a chance by making a trade for Michael Vick. Both ended up working out for me... Untill the championship, where once again I lose to the Born Winner. I was later found with a cheese steak sandwhich and a hand gun.
  • The Blazers began their season 3-0. Then Roy started bitching about his knee. This opened the flood gate for copious amounts of shitty basketball to be played.
  • The ship has seemingly been corrected for the time being with Captain Vagina Pants (Roy) serving a suspension...er... resting his knee with no return date.
  • Including Roy's last game, a 12/15 night in Dallas (also known as "The night LaMarcus became a Man"), LaMarcus Aldridge is averaging 26 points 13 Rebounds.
  • In that same stretch, Portlands 8-5 (take that with a grain of salt, that stretch has seen 7 road games).
  • I survived my first quarter back at school. Barely. It was a rough quarter, where I nearly invited my humanities professor to a spirited fist fight (I would've beat his ass all over campus. Believe that.).
  • Closing out the year, on December 19th, about 9:30 pm I asked the Girlfriend if to marry me. She said yes. I was relieved. We made out for awhile. It was cool (I'm underselling it like crazy. I'm really excited about starting a family with her. This was the best Christmas I ever had and it started with a ring and a question).

Well that was 2010 in a nut shell. A quick list for a quick year. Now I gotta suit up, taking the Fiance out for a night in Portland. Gonna do the New Year right, with booze (hopefully enough to numb my back) food and friends.

Happy New Year, bihotches.

No comments: