Sunday, March 13, 2011

That'll Teach Me

Wow, did I jinx the fuck out of the Blazers or what!?

I guess I shouldn't write when I have been at work since 5 am, because I forget things like 'they just shit the bed against the Bobcats' and write a awful fluffy thing about how good they are and how we aren't affraid of the Lakers.

I'm stupid.

All I did with that last entry was kill my credibilty faster than Charlie Sheens "drug councilers" who say he is sober. Cuz he's not. And I'm not credible.

I am too much of a Blazer homer. My glasses are a serious Rip city shade. It's almost a handicap. You should've heard my conversations with my brother at the begining of the year when I called Nic Batum the next Scottie Pippen. Admitadly, I went a little overboard.

Is he good? Yes, he is very good. Could he be great? Yeah, probably. But Scottie is one of the 50 greatest players ever, and a dude who has 6 rings. Batum has to do some work before we put them in the same book let alone the same sentence.

For the last month I have been arguing LaMarcus Aldridge as an All Star (still think he is), but last night hurt his 'Ellite Forward' status. Hawks were rolling without Al Horford, their resident All-Star and beast in the middle. This was a perfect oppertunity to make Josh Smith his bitch and throw up a 32 and 12. Instead he took on 16 shots and looked at every rebound like 'Geralds got it.'

I know I'm over reacting, but its tough after reading that shit I wrote yesterday then promptly watching them get handled by the Atlanta Hawks and their 7 fans.

Quick recap of the abortion of a game from last night:
  • Hawks 91, Blazers 82. That sucks.
  • I'd like to personally thank Patty Mills for forgeting how to play point guard at all, which led to Jeff Teague looking like Magic Bird (what would happend if Magic Johnson and Larry Bird had unprotected sex which resulted in a child) and scoring what felt like 20 points in the last 8 seconds of the first quarter. Seriously, well done Patty.
  • The Jeff Teague show continues: the second year PG tied a career high in 24 points last night. The Blazers PG combo of Patty Mills and Andre Miller counteracted that by scoring a combined 1 point. That also sucks.
  • 16 fucking turnovers. But it felt like 30.
  • LaMarcus Aldridge threw up a 22 point 6 rebound 6 assist night. Don't let those stats fool you, he looked like "Old" LaMarcus last night.
  • And finally, Nic twisted up his ankle last night. No one knows seems to know how bad it is, they're obviously waiting on Nic to report how he feels. This really, really could suck alot.

Good news is, road trip is over. The finished with a 2-2 record. The Beat Miami and Orlando back to back, then got ran by Charolate and Atlanta. How the hell does that make any sense?! Here is to hoping they get some good rest back at their pads, because they're going to need it.

Dallas is in town Tuesday.

No comments: