Friday, April 1, 2011

A Mariner Preview

Here we go again. I some how have managed a way to talk my into being excited for the 2011 Mariners who look strangely (and unfortunatly) like the 2010 Seattle Mariners. Which is not a good thing. But it's 2011 and not 2010, and despite what the numbers from last year suggest, these are professional athletes, which could be a good thing. Theoretically, they can't be as bad offensively as they were last year. And that right there leaves me hoepful. I'm not going to break the team down like I did last year with a monster 500 page manifest like preview. Lets face it, last year my credibillity got boned right in the butt. I'm just gonna commit to doing somewhat regular ( more so then I have been lately) posts about my thoughts on the season. Here are some quick thoughts though, that can substitute for a preview:

  • Felix is awesome. He won 13 games last year and still was voted the Cy Young. He probably should've been MVP too... because he literally was doing it by himself some nights.

  • Dear Chone Figgins, we signed you to field ground balls and put Ichiro in scoring position. Not to be a bitch. Please act accordingly.

  • I guess Eric Wedge is willing to try coexsisting with Milton "Bat Shit Crazy" Bradly one more year. He's ran him out of one city already, this should be fun.

  • Jack Cust is a huge M'Fer.

  • This season rests on two huge factors (other then the offense not being historically bad again): Justin Smoak and Eric Bedard.

  • If Bedard can reattatch his arm, and be half way decent- we have a solid rotation.

  • If Smoak can do half of what his potential says he can- we could be sneaky this year. (Shit, they say he could turn into Mark Texiera)

  • And yes, I think if the Mariners can remember how to play like professional baseball players, I do think they can be good.

All that being said, lets get ready to watch Felix do what he does best: shut down the other team while the Mariners squeeze out two runs.





PS. it's really nice to know that Felix is back in my life. He just makes life better.

No comments: