Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Mariners: July Review

Anyone reading this I'm sure will agree: July was nothing if not eventful. There was an All-Star game (1 Mariner!), there was a stretch where we lost 7 of 8 games, and of course the current stretch where we have won 8 of the last 10 games.

Some individual highlights included: Felix
  • Felix, as per usual, was a monster, winning all 3 of his decisions and spreading 10 runs over 44 innings.
  • John Jaso and Jesus Montero both batted exactly .300 for the month. Unfortunately the rest of their numbers were 4 home runs and 22 RBI's. Combined.
  • Chone Figgins only played in 6 games. THEY'RE LEARNING!!!
  • But the most impressive bullet point, Jason Vargas. Mr. Vargas rebounded his awful June by going 5-0 with a 1.64 era. That is not a misprint. Somehow he tricked the Mariners batting order to help him win 5 of his 6 starts. Of course, it's SUPER hard to lose when you only give up 8 runs in 44.0 innings (unless your Felix, then the Mariners do find a way to lose).
 Eh, I gotta apologize. I'm just not into right now. I mean I love this team, but I feel fairly detatched right now. I just switch jobs, my wife is pregnant and I had to come to the realization that Justin Smoak will never reach his alleged Paul Bunyan potential (atleast while wearing a Mariner jersey). Maybe if they win another game or two I'll find the fountain of fan youth and pound out 2,000 words of glowing hyperbole, but right now, I kinda just wanna go to the gym then play some Madden. Sue me.

I just feel blah right now. Justin Smoak sucking has really been a dick punch. I haven't evne mentioned the whole trading Ichiro situation, which has left with this feeling similar to that when you'd delete a girl's phone number that you weren't quite over with.

I'm not going to get into that Ichiro thing again. It sucks.

Here is to hoping the stretch this win streak out for the rest of the season.

No comments: