Thursday, October 18, 2012

Week 7: Just Pickin'

I have a ton of work to do so I don't have time to pound out a column. That being said, I didn't want to rob you all of a chance to screw up your gambling this weekend. Here are my picks (expect a post on the Hawks/9ers game tomorrow)
  • Seattle Seahawks @ San Fransisco 49ers -8 Last week was awesome. I have never been so happy to be wrong in my life. But this is a new week. Here is what I know about this game: We are coming off an emotial win, on short rest, and playing on the road. We are doing this against a team who is coming off an embarrassing loss, playing at home. I think the 9ers beat us tonight, but not by 8 points. We cover.
  • Baltimore Ravens @ Houston Texans -7 Big deal is going to be made about the fact that the faces of death that have roamed Baltimores defense for years not being in this game. But  whats obviously being forgotten about (evidence being that they are giving Baltimore a full touchdown) is that Houston got lit up in their one game with out Bryan Cushing. Plus, Baltimore could rally around their fallen leader for an emotional lift.
  • Green Bay Packers @ St. Louis Rams +5 Do I have the balls to pick 3 road teams to cover to start the week? Hell yeah I do. But I'm not so sure I'm going to. Here is why:  Rams have given up 18.5 points per game this season, but those numbers are scewed party because of the asswhoopin they put on the Cardinals two weeks ago. Their first 3 games they gave up 27,28, 23. Packers very well could cause they to revert back to that version of their defense. On the flipside, the Packers are allowing over a 110 yards a game on the ground. St. Louis is at home, so I'm going to let them cover.
  • Tennessee Titans @ Buffalo Bills -3 If the guy who had Chris Johnson in my fantasy league wasn't terrified of the artist formerly known as CJ2k reverting back to his old ways, I would've already pulled the trigger on a trade for him. Eventually, he is going to turn it around. The skills are still there, he is just pressing. He had 90+ yards for the second time last week and now he gets Buffalo. This is going to be one of those 37-24 games. Buffalo wins.
  • Cleveland Browns @ Indianapolis Colts -2 1/2 Andrew Luck made his first start for my fantasy team last week while Drew Brees was on a bye. He shit the bed and it ruined my morning ( thankfully the Seahawks turned that frown upside down). This game is going to boil down to this: Andrew Luck is the best player on the field and playing in front of his home crowd. Colts.
  • New Orleans Saints @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers +2 1/2 "Wait, I thought you said you weren't picking the Saints anymore," possibly said one of the 4 readers I have. Look, the Saints have been bad. Buuut, they're coming off a bye week, against a team that gave up 500 yards to Eli Manning in week 2. I'm going to take Saints, but it's coming with warning, Saints: You screw me here, and we are done. Here me? Done.
  • Dallas Cowboys @ Carolina Panthers +2 1/2  Dallas isn't very good. They aren't well coached and there is a major disconnect with thier players (example: please watch Dez Bryant bitch ath the officials while the rest of his team tried to run a hurry up). That being said,  The Panthers pre bye week didn't seem to have thier shit together either. I'm going to pretend that Cam Newton had a hallmark moment where he figured out how to be a leader and the Panthers right the ship- for this week atleast. Side prediction: Cowboys lose this week, then get BLOWN out next week at home against the Giants; Jerry Jones fires Jason Garrett moments after week 8 ends.
  • Arizona Cardinals @ Minnesota Vikings -7 The Vikings have won 3 of their 4 wins by 7+. One of those wins were over the 49ers. The Arizona Cardinals are NOT the 49ers.
  • Washington Redskins @ New York Giants -5 1/2 Damnit, I wish I had Eli this week. Redskins couldn't stop me. This game will be stupid fun to watch, I really hope its on tv.
  • New York Jets @ New England Patriots -12 Patriots are returning home, coming off an emotional loss. As Russell Wilson can attest, they do not have a good secondary. Thankfully, Sanchez doesn't have anyone to throw to that I can remember their name. The Jets did have success running the ball last weekend against the Colts, unfortunately, the Patriots can stop the run (as shown by them errasing Marshawn Lynch last week)Thats not good for the Jets.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars @ Oakland Raiders -4 My natural guess was to go with the Raiders at home. But I've been off on Oakland most of this season. So lets just go with the exact opposite of what I originally thought.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers @ Cincinnati Bengals +1 You know how last week I was like "Mendenhall is back now Pitt will be really good" well I didn't take an account of the whole "first game back from an ACL injury playing on 4 days rest." They're rested this week, and its fairly must win.
  • Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears -7 On paper this looks like it should be all Bears. They're defense is rolling and the Lions potentially will have an awfully hard time with Brandon Marshall. While all this is true, it really only means that this game has the makings of being another Jay Cutler National TV Shitshow. He seems to have his most legendary blow ups during the games he should be great in. I'm going to say he bucks the trend and plays alright.

No comments: