Monday, February 2, 2009

Congrats Pittsburgh

I just want to take a little time out of your day to say congratulations to Pittsburgh Steelers for capturing another Super Bowl victory. The Cardinals played better then I had expected, but like so many times during the regular season, had no answers on defense.

Great game though. Nothing to be ashamed of, well unless you are a member of the Cardinals secondary. How you leave Santonio Holmes open the whole last drive when Heines Ward is completely broken and rather useless, is beyond me. They're main objective was to make sure they were permanently fixed in Holmes' ass. Sure it would've been awkward after the game when you're still stuck in his ass, but at least you would've had a Super Bowl ring to look at.

I'm not trying to make excuses for the Cardinals, and I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from the Steelers. I'm just asking for a common sense adjustment.

Also, congrats to Ben Rothlisberger. He isn't even 27 yet and has already a two time Super Bowl Champion. Many players go their whole career without hosting up the hardware at the end of the season  and now you've done it twice in four years.

I just hope to be employed by the time I'm 27.

Here is a quick list of Qb's with multiple wins: Elway, Montana, Bradshaw, Staubach, Aikman, Griese, Starr, Plunkett, Brady

Thats impressive company. It seems 2 Super Bowl wins seems to come with a ticket to the Hall of Fame (unless your Jim Plunkett).

All in all, it was a surprisingly entertaining game. It had everything you need. Comebacks, big plays, and a couple fist fights. But you wanna know the best part about it?  I still don't like both teams.

Suck on that Pittsburgh. You're still a bunch of thieving bastards.

Quick Notes from the game:
  • Faith Hill gives me a boner. The American Idol chick does not. Canada 1, America 0.
  • The pagentry of the Super Bowl is annoying. Roger Craig and Lynn Swann were standing on the field for the coin flip. WHY? What purpose does this serve? Are they there just in case the ref fucks up like that Thanksgiving game (oddly enough with the Steelers) and Bettis called  one thing, and the ref said he called another? If they have a sequal are the former NFL players out there to beat his ass? Thats the only acceptable answer.
  • Kinda funny how Big Ben tried to scramble in on the exact same looking play that he scored with against the Hawks.  I find it Funny that this one was over turned, and the one against my Seahawks wasn't.  Actually, I'm joking. It's not funny at all.
  • Somebody tell Pepsi Anthony Hamilton is not the modern day Bob Dylan. Thank you.
  • James Harrison's TAINT (Bill Simmons reference to "Touchdown After an Interception") made me wet.
  • If I were to write a blog listing the top Receivers in the NFL, the list would go like this "Larry Fitzgerald."
  • Did anyone else notice that Kurt Warner obviously hid his real wife in the basement before the game. I've seen the real Mrs. Warner, she has a dike haircut. The Mrs. Warner they showed on Sunday was SERIOUSLY hurtin for a squirtin.
  • I realized after I watched Big Ben hold up the Lombardi trophy on Sunday, that I'm still mad about the events of Black Sunday.
 

1 comment:

theAnimal said...

1. I love Subway, does that mean I smoke weed?
2. Faith Hill even gives Faith Hill a boner.
3. I hate the Steelers and I don't congratulate them, or Big Ben for shit.
4. I am still mad about Black Sunday too. Very mad. Forever.