Monday, April 12, 2010

Quick Rambling: Mariners Edition

I feel like I jinxed the M's.

I was so excited for this season to start. I was hyping them up to anyone who would listen to me. Felix this, Cliff Lee that. Shit, I was even drinking a healthy dose of Milton Bradly's kool aid. I wrote a lengthy fluff piece (look to the entry below for reference) about them, and how I feel they could do some damage in the AL West this year just in time for them to take a big Cleveland Steamer all over my opinions.

Jeez thanks guys, did you have Fajitas for lunch?

Over this weekend, I was overcome with the idea that they were actually only having two men bat, and the other 7 were just automatic outs that ESPN would update as a formality.

On the bright side, the other day Mariners minor league Shortstop Nick Franklin (plays for the Clinton Lumberkings) went 4-4 with a triple, double and two Home Runs. Super. I know he is supposed to be in the minors until he pays his due's or some shit, but couldn't we just skip a couple steps just this once?

I don't care if he comes up and bat's .210, it's gotta be better then what we got right now. I mean, are you kidding me? Jackie Wilson? He couldn't hit me right now.

Hopefully they get their shit together. I'm going to take the voyage up to Seattle on Friday with The Girlfriend to catch King Felix's first home start of the season. It shouldn't be too hard to pull out a win, just give him 3 runs. It's not that hard. It's 1 run every three innings. Retarded 11 year old girls could put up 3 runs.

It's been a frustrating 9 games, to say the least. But thank goodness it's only that, 9 games. We got a lot of ball left to play.

So stop being a bunch of vag'es, and get your asses into gear boys. Prove me right.

No comments: