Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Birthday's, Asswhoopings and a Superbowl

Last week was a busy time for me. I was on vacation (from work, not school), I turned 25, and I had a number of prior engagements that kept me away from writing here. I missed two of my favorite yearly blog posts, the Superbowl and my birthday. Nevertheless, I'll just give you a giant up date right now.

First things first, I turned 25. Didn't have anything extravagent planned, just wanted to do dinner with friends and maybe drink a beer or two. The Fiance, however, had other ideas. She decided to throw me a well planned suprise party ( that was nearly ruined by my roommate Derek, but thats for another story). My quiet birthday turned into a laugh-a-minute beer pong tournament that was capped off by a present for the ages- a personalized Blazer jersey.

So, Nate, Rich and Paul, God forbid we have another blown out knee this year, but I'm ready if it happens.


The second thing that happened was my brother Jesse entered the octogon for the first time, and administered a 46 second Tko to some kid who is probably without a girlfriend or family now. I can't begin to put into words what I whitnessed, so here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0utq8ZSJsg


In case you're asking yourself "what the fuck just happened?" I'll recap. Jesse took a quick punch to the face, took the kid to the mat, and started to drop bombs on his dome untill the ref called the fight because the kid wasn't protecting himself anymore.

Third, the Superbowl. Or as I like to call it, "The Cherry on Brett Favres Year Long Shit Flavored Sunday." Didn't really have a rooting interest in this game. Part of me wanted to see the Steelers win (which is the same part that loves to watch train wrecks). Can you imagine how awkward it would be for everyone if SexualAssaultlisburger was handed his 3rd Superbowl trophy a year after being accused of sexual misconduct for a 2nd time!? It would've been legendary.

Another part wanted to see the Pack to win. Stepmom is a giant Packers fan and it would allow me to preview what I could feel one day when the Seahawks finally win the big one (yes, I remain painfully optimistic).

Either way, I was ok with the outcome. I did win a good chunk of change through various gambling outlets. Aaron Rodgers played his ass off in January and deserved everything that came to him.

I tip the cap to you, Packers. Get ready though, the Seahawks are coming (someday).

No comments: