Monday, May 23, 2011

Rich Cho, Out.

Tomorrows Orgeonian headline might as well read: "Blazers Fire Cho; Belvin fucking Confused." Because they did fire him; and I am fucking confused.


How does a team that aspires to be ellite justify firing a GM 10 months after they gave him the keys? He hasn't gone through a draft yet. He hasn't gone through Free Agency yet. All Rich Cho was allowed to do was handle another Greg Oden injury press conference, Brandon Roy's injury and the diva fits that came with it, the Rudy Fernandez situation (which he did flawlessly, ps) and pull the trigger on the Gerald Wallace trade.



I guess they paid him to be a baby sitter?


Or maybe Paul Allen has lost his fucking mind. I'm actually not prepared to rule that out. This is the same man that green lit the drafting of Oden and Roy despite injury problems. He is also the man who shit canned Kevin Pritchard, the most popular executive in the history of the franchise and a man who turned our team around-for reasons including (but not limited to) being too popular.


Look he's the guy who allowed Steve Patterson and John Nash to run the team.


I'm not going to sit here on my broke ass pulpit and question Paul Allen (and the Vulcans) business savy. They're checking accounts prove they are smartter than I. That being said, their basketball decisions have been on par with horse shit. Even when they make what appears to be a good decision ( Rich Cho) they ultimately fuck it up. Which they did by firing him after 10 MONTHS!


Take me for an example: I used to suck at my job. I sucked at it, and I hated it. Not only that, but I told EVERY one who would listen to me. 3 years later, I'm still here (even survived a two layoffs) and now I'm good at my job (but I still hate it).



Rich Cho wasn't even given an oppertunity to prove if he was good or not. Weathering another injury or telling an overpaid NBA diva to stop bitching is not a GM's primary objective. He isn't a baby sitter.



Could that have been the plan? Let Rich Cho hold the title as GM for a year and allow someone else we wanted to become avalible? I guess, except I'm not sure who has become avalible this year that wasn't last.


Whether or not you liked Cho or not, this was not cool. 10 months ago, he was a guest on Paul Allens yatch getting a last minute interview, and before we knew it we had a first time GM as our guy. I remember it vividly. I was preparing myself for Danny Ferry or Randy Pfund, then out of no where it was announced Rich Cho was the guy. "Who the hell is Rich Cho?" I thought to myself. Apparently he was a Sam Presti descipile (thats a plus) who appealed to Paul Allens nerd tendencies.


Now fast forward to today where Paul Allen has either developed some wierd form of buyers remorse (or the more likely scenerio: the Vulcans claimed another job) and the man who flipped Jared Bayless for a 1st round draft pick (when the Hornets still thought they were lottery bound) is gone. Fact is, Cho was done dirty. Mr. Allen, you gave him the job, the least you could've done is given him the chance to do it.


Well, unless you bring back KP ( which I would support 100 percent).

1 comment:

Clinically Awesome said...

Ps. I wanted to call this post, "Paul Allen tells Rich Cho, "Rich, you're fucking out!"