Saturday, October 22, 2011

Week 7

Before I get into the picks this week we need to talk about something: HOW THE FUCK DOES CARSON PALMER GO FOR POTENTIALLY TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS!??!?!

Before the season I wrote that I wanted Carson Palmer to be a Seahawk and that he was a better alternative this season than Tavaris Jackson and Chaz Whithurst. I still believe this. But if I woke up the other morning to an ESPN headline that read, " Seahawks send 1 first rounder and potential future first round pick to Cinci for Carson" I would've blacked out.

Now see here Oakland, I wouldn't have traded two first rounders in my Madden Franchise, and atleast there I have the abillity to restart my system if I handicap my team. Look it boils down to this, following the 2006 season Oakland traded Randy Moss to New England for a 4th round draft pick. Nothing more, nothing less. Carson Palmer is worth more then Randy Moss, but not 3 rounds higher PLUS ANOTHER FIRST ROUND PICK.

This trade should've been done with a 3rd round pick with furture considerations, or at best a 2nd rounder. Consider the Raiders issues next year. They'll still have Palmer, they'll have Campbell coming back, and they will still need to find time to develop Tyrell Pryor. Good luck, Oakland.

On to the lines:



  • Redskins @ Panthers(-2 1/2) Just when I started saying nice things about the Redskins, Tim Hightower starts to suck for my fantasy team and Rex Grossman remembered who he was. I'll take Carolina, thank you very much.

  • Seahawks @ Browns (-3) Chaz Whithurst, lets try this ONE TIME. Please reward my faith.

  • Falcons @ Lions (-3 1/2) Megatrons on pace for 20 plus touchdowns. Atlanta's defense allowed Tavaris Jackson to go for 300 yards a few weeks ago. 2 +2= taking the Lions at home.

  • Bears (-1) @Buccaneers Sometimes it boils down to this: I don't know the name of Tampa's starting running back today. I'll take Chicago.

  • Texans @ Titans (-3) I have a theory that former Tennessee running back, Chris Brown, has kidnapped Chris Johnson and is currently running in his place. On the other sideline, Arian Foster is really, really good. Texans cover.

  • Chargers (-2) @ Jets Jets have been disapointing. But I had them making the playoffs and if they are to do that they better start winning. I'll take the Jets to win at home.

  • Broncos @ Dolphins (Pk) Tim. Freaking. Teabow.

  • Chiefs @ Raiders(-6) I'm not sure if Carson is starting or not. I hope he is for fantasy reasons. I still think KC blows. If Boiler starts though, and I gave KC 6 points I'm going to hate myself. Hue Jackson can't possibly start Kyle Boiler, can he? I'm going to take Oakland, but feel really, really bad about it.

  • Steelers (-4) @ Cardinals- Yeah, Arizona is the worst team in the NFC West. Pitt will win, cover and do it convincingly.

  • Rams @ Cowboys (-13) Rams are bad. Rams are starting AJ Feely. Cowboys are starting someone I have never heard of at Running Back. St. Louis with the cover ( but Dallas wins).

  • Colts @ Saints (-13) Drew Bees has been playing like shit lately. Atleast to his lofty standards. He's got to be a little frustrated. That being said: Saints with the cover and afterwards get arrested for sodomizing the Colts on National TV.

  • Packers (-9) @ Vikings To jack a twitter hash tag, #areyouseriousbro? Christian Ponder, please. Packers with the route.

  • Ravens (-8 1/2) @ Jaguars See explanation for the Packers game. Blaine Gabbert is going to get dry humped by the Ravens for 60 minutes. Or atleast till he taps out and Luke McCown gets thrown in there to mop up.

No comments: