Thursday, November 1, 2012

Week 9: First half review

Full Disclosure: I got nothing to talk about. Last weekend was my wife's birthday and I watched a grand total of about five plays last weekend. Never fear, it just happened to be at the half way point in the young NFL season; so lets see how my predictions are doing!

EDIT NOTE: Sure, some teams have only played seven games. So they don't have as big of a sample size. We'll take that in account, I assure you.

  • Tom Brady is going to be awesome. First in yards, fifth in touchdowns. The Patriots have taken some lumps this season, but not really at the fault of Terrific Tom. So I'm going to get a check here.
  • Russell Wilson will be rookie of the year. Unless RGIII and Andrew Luck blow out hammys while tag teaming a minor I will get this one wrong.
  • Toby Gerhart is going to play a lot and make himself a lot of money. Way off. Adrian Peterson discovered black magic.
  • Mark Sanchez is going to be better this year. Nope.
  • Jets are going to suck this year. Yup.
  • Mark Sanchez is going to be the QB of the LA Jaguars... still in play.
  • Darren McFadden will lead the league in rushing if he stays healthy. He's been healthy, but his rushing totals have not been. WTF, Oakland?
  • Oakland will win 9 games if McFadden stay's healthy. I don't see these dudes going 7-2. So, Fail.
  • Calvin Johnson is going to top last season: In order for this to be true, he has to catch 55 balls, for 1000+ and 15 touchdowns in the next 9 games. Not likely.
  • Arian Foster will not (top last year). I'm going to say "I'm sorry" for this one.
  • Saints will struggle: Check.
  • Peyton Manning will toss 30 td's: a little over that pace with 17 through 7 games.
  • Eric Decker will become a household name: Not yet. lol.\
  • Tony Romo will go for over 4,000 yards: Baring injury he'll get there. He is over half way.
  • Dez Bryant will go ape shit: Bleh, he has been super uninspiring.
  • Larry Fitzgerald will be responsible for John Skeltons death: Who knows, maybe he had something to do with that high ankle sprain earlier in the year.
  • Ray Rice, MVP: Not if the season ended right now. That honor belongs to Matt Ryan. But thats the beauty of 8 games remaining, he could go crazy and make it happen. In fact with all the Baltimore injuries on defense, If Rice put the team on his back and went crazy for the next 8 games he could jack the award still.
So not too far off. I'm going to omit the division standings right now, because the season is only half way done. Right now though, it doesn't look good. Lets get on with the picks.

  • Kansas City Chiefs @ San Diego Chargers -7 1/2 From everything I've read regarding the 2012 San Diego Chargers, Phill Rivers has done everything short of dropping his pants and shit on the field in an attempt to get Norv Turner fired. Losing to the Chiefs would be a less messy way.
  • Miami Dolphins @ Indianapolis Colts +1 1/2 I'm going to ride Andrew Luck here, only because they're playing at home on the turf.
  • Buffalo Bills @ Houston Texans -10 Thanks for playing Buffalo. Damn. The worst part about this, I'm playing Arian Foster in my fantasy league. This is going to suck balls.
  • Baltimore Ravens @ Cleveland Browns +3 1/2 IN that previously mentioned game, I just aquired Ray Rice. This is not going to suck balls. By the way, Baltimore limped into their bye week. Now they're playing a shitty team. I full expect a heavy axe to get dropped on Cleveland on Sunday.
  • Chicago Bears @ Tennessee Titans +3 1/2 I'm going to take the Titans to cover more as wishful thinking. My brain tells me I'm being an asshole though.
  • Detroit Lions @ Jacksonville Jaguars +4 Detroit beat Seattle last weekend. Seattle is better than Jacksonville. Detroit will beat Jacksonville.
  • Arizona Cardinals @ Green Bay Packers -11 11 seems like a lot of points to be spotting, untill you realize that it's impossible to cover when you can't score.
  • Carolina Panthers @ Washington Redskins -3 I almost said Carolina just because eventually Cam's gotta get that ship turned around, right? Well, not in Washington. THat town is too amped up over RGIII. Next week, maybe.
  • Minnesota Vikings @ Seattle Seahawks -4 1/2 I had a creative little diddy about a Vikings prayer I was going to put in this slot. Then Frank Gores week 7 performance crept into my brain and I got scared. Adrain Peterson is destroying fools right now. Then I figured Seattles defense IS really good and now has something to prove. Minnesota covers, Seahawks win.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Oakland Raiders PK
  • Pittsburgh Steelers @ New York Giants -3 I don't feel particularly confident about this one. Just a hunch.
  • Dallas Cowboys @ Atlanta Falcons -4 Falcons run Dallas off the field and Jason Garrett gets chopped. This is the week Cowboy fans. John Gruden, please pick up the red phone.
  • Philadelphia Eagles @ New Orlean Saints -3 Andy Reid will avoid execution this week. Unless I'm wrong...

No comments: