Thursday, November 29, 2012

Week 13: Fantasy do-or-die

I love Fantasy Football. It's frustrating and fun all wraped up in one giant burrito ready for your consumption.

This season, in my Vancouver league I started off 1-5. In my other league, I started off 1-3-1.

Through the magesty of trades and just pure awesomeness, I am on the cusp of the playoffs in both leagues. Look, I'm not saying I'm the best Fantasy player of all time, but this is definitly a season that merrits it's own 30-30. Especially the Vancouver League.

Just look a the roster turn over: I have had 75 different players on my team and one point or another this season. The next closest team 54. I have made 8 trades this season. The rest of the league combines for 12 (that includes the trades made with me). So really, there were 4 trades in my league that were made that didn't involve me. Ultimately, through those moves I flipped a starting lineup of
  • Drew Brees
  • DeAngelo William
  • BenJarvis Green Ellis
  • Wes Welker
  • Brandon Lloyd
  • DeSean Jackson
  • Aaron Hernandez
  • Toby Gerhart
  • Giants D
  • Matt Prater k
Into:
  • Drew Brees
  • Arian Foster
  • Ray Rice
  • Wes Welker
  • Randal Cobb
  • Denario Alexander
  • Jimmy Graham
  • Aaron Hernandez
  • Steelers D
  • Kai Forbath
Yeah, suck on that everyone. But really, because of that 1-5 hole I dug myself into this lineup means nothing if I don't A) win this week B) get 3 of 4 specific games to go my way. Really, I need a Flutie Hailmary to get this done.

So cross your fingers, because this team is filthy. And I've worked hard stockpiling this talent. I would really love a championship to show for it.

Now onto Week 13 picks:
  • New Orleans Saints@ Altanta Falcons -3.5 Drew Brees quest to drag this team into the playoffs continues this week. Of course, he very well may just want to continue pissing me off and deliberately lose. Stay tuned..
  • Seattle Seahawks@ Chicago Bears-3 Jay Cutler is lucky he is at home. Because if the Legion of Boom could get to him with a soundtrack provided by Qwest Field, we may have been looking at the first ever on field homicide. I still think Seattle can beat this team.
  • Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers-7.5 The Adrian Peterson MVP quest continues.
  • San Fransisco  49ers@ St. Louis Rams+7.5 They tied last time. I imagine St.Louis will keep it closish.
  • Arizona Cardinals@ New York Jets -6.5 Fuck the Jets. Sanchez looks like he has Stockholm syndrom.
  • Carolina Panthers@ Kansas City Chiefs +5.5 Cam Newton should be able to get some points on the board against this shitty, shitty KC team.
  • Indianapolis Colts @ Detroit Lions-7 Two words: CHUCK. STRONG.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars @ Buffalo Bills -6 I haven't watched much of either teams. I do know that when Buffalo loses, they lose big. Jacksonville doesn't really have the pieces to put up big points. So... Buffalo wins.
  • New England Patriots@ Miami Dolphins+7.5 The trail of tears continues...
  • Houston Texans @ Tennessee Titans+7 If they playoffs started today, I would put a lot of wood on Houston winning the AFC.
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers@ Denver Broncos -8 This should be close. Denver is due to lose, and Tampa needs this win to keep their playoff chase on.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers @ Baltimore Ravens-7 I feel like everyone expects this game to be close. It always is. But every now and again you need an outlier to throw every one off. Plus, there is Charlie Batch.
  • Cleveland Browns @ Oakland Raiders +2.5 Dirty secret: Cleveland not as bad as their record says they are. Dirtier secret: Oakland might be worse than their record.
  • Cincinnatti Bengals @ San Diego Chargers PK Norv Turner, start working on that tv resume.
  • Philadelphia Eagles @ Dallas Cowboys-10.5 I'm going to take Philly sticking in this game, only because I'm heavily considering picking up their kicker so I don't have to wait for the monday night game to finish my fantasy game.
  • New York Giants @ Washington Redskins +3 Now that we are in December, I think it's time to start picking the Giants in literally every instance.

No comments: