Sunday, February 14, 2010

St. Valentines day: The day of Love

Ah, Valentines day. What a wonderful day. The day where you take that special someone out and make them feel like, well, that special someone.


This year I got someone special. And it's funny how participation in an event or a holiday like Valentines day changes your opinion on something. Take that opening sentence. It seems real optimistic, like there is real joy in there. Sounds totally gay, right?!

But thats how I feel. I'm really excited about tonight and taking the girlfriend out for dinner and exchanging gifts. I got her flowers as well a present I know she wants, and I know she's gonna be very excited to get those gifts. I enjoy doing stuff like that for her. She is a very appreciative gift reciever.

What makes it funny is it's a direct contrast to my opinion on this very day last year. Here is what I wrote in a blog entitled: Happy Valentines day, valentine.

"Valentines Day blows. It's nothing more then a cheap excuse for men to shell out money on their lady friend, and to remind the single dudes how big of a schmuck they really are.

I'm now going to masturbate in my own tears and go to sleep in a room full of dudes. "

It's all about participation. The lonely people (ie. me last year, who spent Valentines Day driving to Spokane to watch wrestling....yup) hate the fact that everyone other then him and his brothers are getting laid. The couples love the crap out of the day because it's on of the few days in the year when you are guaranteed to get laid (your birthday being the other).

Who are you kidding? Thats why guys participate Valentines day, is for the sex. This shouldn't be a revelation. I mean we don't get cleaned up and buy gifts just so we can pick up the tab at the resturant you chose for this day. No, we do this in hopes that we keep you happy enough to follow through on your guarentee that we will in fact, get laid later on that evening.

I mean I guess it's possible that the dude actually likes his lady (my situation excluded. I love my girlfriend, we maintain a high level of romance, constantly. Right babe?).

And if you are one of those who were clever enough to get through Valentines Day without letting down your Special Lady Friend and her lofty expectatios, and seem to be heading towards the marital bed (because sex can only happen between a married man and a woman), just be careful, wear a condom. Even if it's your wish to express your love to your partner in the form of butt sex... just rememer to still wear a condom. You can still get all the diseases that you can with the vagina, plus it's the place poop comes from.

Happy Valentines Day.

No comments: