Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 5

I felt the need to post this just for my future enjoyment. Today I started Shaun Hill and only Shaun Hill at quarterback for my ESPN league (we typically start 2 quarterbacks).

I was doing this party out of protest, and partly because I was THAT confident in my team.

While I was waiting for kick off, I decided to inform the rest of my league that my one quarterback line up was a decision I made, and not neglegent management.

Here is the post I wrote:

BREAKING NEWS: ESPN REPORTING BELVIN TO START 1 QB

10-10-10, a day that will happen once a century, the Belvin Cup Dynasty (3-1) is going to attempt to do something less likely- win with one starting Quarterback.

"It's a move we've been thinking about all week, since we got the news on Mike" B.C.D owner Andrew Belvin said in a press conference earlier this week. "It started as a joke, but after Lampe dicked us with his Waiver priority... well, it be came a little more serious."

The issue came after fantasy feel good story Michael Vick went down week 4, injuring his ribs. With Ben Rothlisburger not set to make his return from suspension until week 6, Belvin had to make roster decisions for his second starting quarterback position. Naturally, Kevin Kolb was a natural decision for a pick up.

Owner of Team Alpha, Cory Lampe, had other ideas.

Lampe(2-2), who recently made news by having a bench that completely outplayed his starters, decided that he would use his waiver wire position to pick up Kolb, despite having 4 playing quarterbacks already on the roster.

"He (Lampe) did it because he thought it would force someone’s hand." A league source said when asked about the logic behind picking up a 5th quarterback. It's no secret Lampe, who is legendary at offering vomit inducing trades, has been searching for the pieces to recover from another awful draft.

Reportedly, Lampe had been trying to get Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw from the Cup Dynasty but hasn’t been willing to offer anything worth taking a look at. By taking the position with Kolb, Lampe was hoping to finally get Belvin to agree to one of his ridiculous trades. No representative from Team Alpha was available for comment.

“American doesn’t negotiate with terrorist. So why the (expletive delete) would I?” Belvin said when asked why he didn’t just make the trade with Lampe. “Lampe offered me a trade everyday for Bradshaw. I told him I would rather start one quarterback then make a trade with him.”

And that seems to be exactly what he is doing. Not wanting to make team crippling decisions with Rothlisburgers return looming. Still, even though he looks to start one quarterback during this weeks matchup against Dutch Master (1-3), Belvin remains confident in his team.

“Last year we were ‘2 Belvins 1 cup’; I guess on Sunday we’ll be ‘1 Belvin 1 quarterback’.”

No comments: