Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 3

Last Sunday was the ultimate protrayal of the current state of Northwest sports. While the Blazers (and the rest of the NBA) remain locked out, the Mariners and Seahawks both took the field on Sunday and combined for a total score of 0 points. Pittsburgh made a Vegas regret only giving Seattle 15 points, while Texas blanked the M's (again) 3-0.To add salt to an already gaping wound, it was the second to last Felix start of the season.


Our region is truly becoming a Shakespearian tradgety of the sports world (this would not be a good time for Soccer fans to speak up and talk about the Sounders and/or Timbers).


I hope the Seahawks show some pride this week. They have their home opener and they are playing Arizona. This is a perfect time for a first win. Marshawn is going to need more then 22 yards to make that happen though ( only 19 carries for 44 yards on the season).


If Seattle loses, expect me to place an order for my official Andrew Luck jersey sometime mid week.


Now on for the picks:



  • 49ers @ Bengals (-1 1/2) Alex Smith on the road? Yuck. That being said, do I see a rookie QB lead Bengals team starting off 2-1? No I do not. Niners win.

  • Jaguars @ Panthers (-3 1/2) Did you know that Cam Newton has thrown for 400 yards in back to back games to start his career? Oh you did?! ESPN mentioned that?! I didn't know... Typically, I would say something like 'all good things come to an end, expect Newton to suck ass' but he is lucking out and playing the Jaguars this week. Carolina for the win, and expect that comment next week.

  • Lions (-3 1/2) @ Vikings I played this game on Madden, with both teams coming in with their real life records, and the Vikings won. Convincingly. Detroit, on the other hand, already beat a a playoff caliber team on the road (Tampa, week1 ). Plus, unfortunately for my fantasy team, I don't see AP going for 225 yards and 3 scores. Take Detroit.


  • Broncos @ Titans (-7) Remember when Seattle officially ended negotiations with Hasselbeck causing cheers out of a suprising number of Seahawk fans? Apparently they thought Seattles inabillity to give him any protection over the last couple seasons was his fault. Fast forward to this season, Hasselbeck is playing with the Titans and despite only being on their team for 7 weeks has two 300 yard games and led the Titans to a win over the Ravens. I hate to say I told you so, but I did say it. Broncos cover, Titans win.

  • Dolphins @ Browns (1 1/2) Despite that Miami is desperate for a win and their recent road successes, I still am going to lean on the home team this week. I'm taking Cleveland. (EDIT NOTE: Sunday morning Browns starting running back Payton Hillis checked into the Madden Curse Hotel. He was a game time scratch)

  • Giants @ Eagles (-7 1/2) Do I think the Eagles can beat the Giants by over a touchdown at home? Well, being that Vick has yet to go off yet this year, yes I do. But since I'm facing Vick in both my leagues, I'm going to pray the Giants keep it close. Giants cover, Eagles win.

  • Texans @ Saints (-4) Hey Texans, you looked great against the Colts. Now lets see how you look against the Saints. I say good luck keeping up, Saints cover.

  • Patriots (-7 1/2) @ Bills I wish I was home to watch this game. I won't be. Is Ryan Fitzpatrick really good? Well yeah, probably. But he isn't a top 5 QB and thats what Buffalo would need to stay in this game. It's going to end like 42-28 in favor of New England.

  • Cheifs @ Chargers (-14 1/2) If Kansas can't keep this game respectable, fire Todd Haley. Fire him swiftly. They have been outscored 89-10 this season. Another ass beating would be the nail in the coffin for both their season and Haley's job. That being said, I predict ass whoopin. Chargers cover (and midway throught he third quarter I'll need a cigerette after Vincent Jackson eclipses the 200 yard recieving marker).

  • Ravens (-4 1/2)@ Rams Rams were supposed to be a good team. Misfortune has yet again reared her ugly head upon this midwestern franchise and they have stumbled out the blocks on an 0-2 start. Misfortune, apparently a super bitch, has sent Baltimore into town following a loss. Raven's gonna kick some ass tonight. Expect Ravens to cover, and Ray Rice to make all of his fantasy owners very, very wet.

  • Jets (-3) @ Raiders-I think the Raiders will win in the neighborhood of 7 games this year. This is not one of them. Jets Cover.

  • Falcons @ Buccaneers - Pick 'em- I pick Tampa ( only for the reason that I have already picked 5 road teams and I still have the Packers and Steelers games to pick).


  • Cardinals (-3 1/2) @ Seahawks the Seahawks are not good. Atleast on the road. We haven't seen them in the hostile clutches of Qwest (I mean CenturyLink) Field yet. Hawks will cover or I will drink.

  • Packers (-4) @ Bears So is Chicago good or are they bad? Who really knows? This week is not the week for answers though. Take the Packers.


  • Steelers (-11) @ Colts Poor state of Indiana. If Pitt covered the -15 1/2 last week against Seattle, they sure as shit are going to cover -11 against the Colts (of course since I picked Seattle to cover last week against that monster 15 point cushion, expect both KC and Indy to make me look like an asshole). Pitt covers.

  • Redskins @ Cowboys (-4 1/2) Miles Austin is out. Felix Jones is banged up. Romo has seemingly everything but bullet wounds. Skins cover.

1 comment:

Clinically Awesome said...

last week was 7-8-1 against the spread. Making my record for the season 17-14-1