Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Delaying the Day

Good Morning everyone!

It's one of those not so uncommon days where I have no interest of getting out of bed, so in stead of forcing myself into the shower before work I'm going to relish in the fact that my body is lazy and I'm going  to write about it.

First of all, Happy April Fools day. I'm pretty un prepared for today, so only pranks I pull off are going to be stir of the moment and very organic. But believe me, there will be pranks, oh yes, there will be pranks.

Went to another Blazer game with some work homies (well it was Kristy, Jill and Jills college youth group). Couple of thoughts about the game:
  • I have never seen a more disorganized, and terribly unprepared team then I have on Saturday with the Memphis Grizzlies. They were worse the shit. It was five players playing five different games. I'm mean it was painful. And keep in mind I'm a Mariners, Seahawks and Blazers lifer. I've seen multiple displays of bad team sports. I gotta give Memphis a good ol' fashioned 'come on buddy'. 
  • Marc Gasol is single handedly helping me convince evolutionary theories that we came from monkeys. Holy shit, this man is built like an ape. His knuckles were almost scraping the floor when he ran.
  • Darius Miles got booed as loud if not louder then Kobe Bryant when he checked in for his back breaking five minutes of service.  Usually when Kobe comes to town, there are a couple of loud mouthed LA transplants who pick fights when we get in Kobes ass. However, when Darius checked in 44000 strong booed in unison. It was marvelous. 
  • This game was so bad, and so uncompetitive that I spent the second half text arguing my old basketball coach about Portlands new acquisition of a Major League Soccer program, and their complete negligence on getting Baseball to Rose City. Seriously who is going to take time out of their day to watch a third rate professional sport? I'm not. Lets focus our energy on something that would actually benefit the local economy, and that is Baseball people. Portland is too big of a city for only one of the Big three sports to be here. Shit, Hockey would be more productive the soccer. Feel free to prove me wrong on that.
Cool thing about the game though, was afterwards I got to go down on the court with the group I was with. And for the first time in my life, I got to shoot a free throw in the Rose Garden. Now let me set this up for you, the game was over, so the place was cleared out. So here I am, with a small group of people to my side, and I start earth quake shaking. My mind is telling me it's the finals and there is 44000 plus waiting for me to miss. Naturally, I miss. My only shot at personal immortality and I miss it. Reason number 552 why my NBA career wouldn't have worked out.

Ok, well my bladder is forcing me out of bed. So it's time to sign off. Keep this in mine ladies and gent's..it's April Fools Day, so keep that in mind if you talk to me today.


2 comments:

prisonmike503 said...

i wish we had baseball here, it always felt like we put a big middle finger in destinies face acouple of years back when we didnt snatch up the Expos. would've been cool as hell now to have a MLB stadium were the coliseum is now, right across the street from the expo center. but regrettably, i guess were just not big market enough for that to happen. i am excited though to see the Timber Army get a promotion to the big leagues, they earned it, when the fans are consistently better/more entertaining then the sports team there rooting for, you know your onto something special.

Clinically Awesome said...

Yeah, I'm glad we devoted funds to bringing a broke ass league to our city. Glad we decided to MLS over MLB.

Portland, you deserve an "adda boy" for that one.