Sunday, June 21, 2009

Recognizing the Awesomeness of My Father

Just a quick word about one of the more awesome people on this planet, my father. In honor of fathers day I'm going to take a break from my vulgar stories of drunken adventures and say a few words about the man who is partly responsible for all of this madness. Mike Belvin, my dad for those of you who don't know, is a a great man and a stone cold bad ass.

He is the father of seven, and the step father of two more. Still he has found time to pillage more villages then Eric the Redd. Wilt Chamberlain and Gene Simmons have nothing on his numbers. I once witnessed Julia Roberts break down in hysterics because my father refused to give her the time of day. An absolute lady killer, not to mention one HELL of an American.

My dad could beat up your dad. It's true, I've seen it.

I saw my dad take on sick day the whole time I lived under his roof. And it was because the day before he was so sick I had to skip school to help him do his route. He is one tough mother, and your dad isn't. In fact your dad gave my dad his lunch money when they went to school, because your dad was a wuss. To prove my point, my dad says he could beat up All Pro Lineback Ray Lewis. And he says it with a straight face.

My dads jump shot is as consistent as gravity. Ray Allen who? Sunrises are in awe in the regularity at which he splashes three's.

All joking aside my dad is awesome. He has busted his ass to provide a great life for me and my siblings. Its hard to write words of appreciation for someone like that. I'm not sure if I'm good enough to even come close to relaying that message. But I'll be damned if I don't try. I could seriously sit here for hours with my thausarus and use big multi syllable words to attempt it. Write pages to show all how much I love my dad. Or I could be awesome and just come out and say it. You know, like a man.

Happy Fathers Day Dad, you're awesome and I love you. See, right there, I did it. Short and sweet and just as effective.

No comments: