Monday, June 29, 2009

Proof God Exists

I woke up Sunday morning, to my brothers asking me if I want to go to church. Now, I had gone out for a night on the town the night before and common logic would say that I still had another hour of sleep in me. 

Not this time. I was fairly alert so I got up showered off stale awesomness and prepared for a steady dose of the G-O-D.

We went to Living Hope Church, which is this little hip set up over near my parents house in the BG. I gotta say, not your typical church. You get in there, and you aren't instead of typical church folk in their sundays best, you're greeted by dudes in flippy floppys. My kind of people.

Then the service, as usual seemed to be tailored for me personally. It was like as soon as John (the pastor of the church) started doing his thing, that everyone vanished and he was just talking right at me and my brother. Not preaching at us, like damning us to hell or anything, but having a frank conversation about our relationship with God and our struggles.

I'm not joking. It was incredible. Everything that had been bothering me over the last month or so, was explicitly addressed during the sermon. It was like God himself wrote it and told John to hammer it home. 

After the service I just sat there for a moment letting it sink in. I haven't been to church consistantly in a few years. I go randomly, when life allows me to(which is a rough translation to 'when I feel up to it') And in that moment of realization, I found a huge chunk of what I've been missing in my life. I need God.

You want proof there is a God? I mean more proof in the abundance that is already out there in your every day life. Just got to church. Randomly, one time. Go with that friend of yours thats been inviting you every so often. We all have one of those friends. 

Or go By yourself. Just go. One time. Listen to the service. It will speak to you. You will be able to relate to it. It'll be a testimonial, the sermon, or just someone you meet there. It will peak your interest. And that my friends, is God working in that mysterious way we hear about so often. 

As I was sitting there on Sunday listening to John talk, I could feel my anxieties over my day to day stresses slip away. Every point, every sentence relaxed me more and more. I was shown that it was ridiculous and premature to have gotten worked up like I did. It was incredible.

Not to get too in depth on what the sermon was about, because that would make this entry HUGE, but it was about the hardships of the times and all the parties it effects. Now I know in this economy that there are many people who are facing the situation that my brother and I have been facing lately, and so there are many people who could've related to that sermon.  But it felt like we had a big spot light directed right on us. I just kinda lowered my head and smiled. I mean for that to be the topic the day I decide to go back to church, and to try a new church... well thats not just incredible, to me thats proof. 

Well played God. Well Played.


2 comments:

Sarah Can! said...

This post put a big smiley on my face! :)

Clinically Awesome said...

good. I'm glad I can put smiles on your faces.