Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 9 and my flourishing affection for Mike Vick

I couldn't love a human baby more then I love Michael Vick right now. It's not even remotely possible.

First of all he is a great story. He burst onto the national scene at the beginning of the decade by being a human video game highlight reel for Virgina Tech. An arm like Favre with moves like Barry. Thats how he was described. Seriously, he had the skills of a Madden created player.

Then there was the epic fall from grace. And I mean EPIC. Not only was he not producing on the field (go look at his Atlanta numbers, they aren't fun), but he was accused and convicted of hosting dog fighting. He went from the leagues highest paid player, to public enemy number 1 in the blink of an eye. We all know the story, and no I won't show pictures.

He then spent two years in jail getting shit on by the public, losing all his money and probably getting raped a time or two. That my friends is called a life style 180. It probably felt like a never ending Twighlight Zone episode for him.

Now the prodigal son has returned, triumphantly, to lead the Philadelphia Eagles and my fantasy team to unforeseen heights. The Eagles went into the season thinking Kevin Kolb was their guy. They were quickly informed that was not the best decision. Same thing with my fantasy team, I thought Romo ( and Stafford) were my boys. Nope, I packaged Romo up in a season saving deal which landed me Michael Vick as a throw in. Even with Michael Vick being out three weeks (and my team losing all three games) it brings a smile to my face thinking about it.

In a season where the Seahawks are coming off back to back ass beatings-this has been a blessing. As lucrative as it has been for my ESPN team, it's also been just a great story. Seriously, it's the ultimate 'based on a true story' football film. You're welcome, Hollywood. Handle with care.

So lets hope this ride continues, that Vick continues to be the evolutionary quarterback that he was originally promised to be and that he keeps putting up W's for my fantasy team.

And if he keeps it up, maybe his shit head brother can play him in the movie.

No comments: