Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 8

I didn't write a post last week, because for the first time in a few years I was on a losing streak in fantasy football. Lost my second game in a row-in close fashion and didn't feel like crying to the masses. There was just nothing positive to say.

Eh, scratch that, the Seahawks are a surprising 4-2 right now. I would've written about them, but due to my work schedule haven't been able to watch them since their week 4 blowout from the Rams. I know the stats, but I haven't been watching the games- and gametracker is not good for not fantasy related inspiration.


Then I got sick (again) and didn't get off my NBA preview (which I'm currently working on, but will actually probably post before this making it look like this was done after-but don't let the posting order fool you it wasn't).

Unluckily for me, due to my sickness I got to stay home and watch the Hawks game on Sunday. I say unluckily for me because despite now having a running game, and winning two in a row- this team shows up in Oakland and gets the SHIT kicked out of them.

Football is really starting to chap my fucking nuts.

I don't get whats going on. We are 8 weeks in and the only team I can say for sure is really good is Pittsburgh (and even they lost last night). None of the good teams appear to know how to take care of business. They all have glaring holes. Green Bay can't run and they don't seem to understand the rules of football. The Saints are either fucking with the crappy teams are they are just not as good as last year. They've already lost 3 games including a game at home to the Browns. Patriots just do enough to get by, far from the dominate team we've seen them field in the past. Philledelphia looked great untill Vick busted his ribs and they got 37 put on them by the Titans.

On the flip side the Oakland Raiders looked awful (again) until they won their last two games by a combined score of 92 to 17 (and the Seahawks took one of those losses).

Minnesota sucks. Favre's playing on a busted ankle and dealing with the dong picture allegations. 49ers are 2-6, the Cowboys are 1-6... seriously go look at my predictions going into the season- I apparently knew NOTHING.

SERIOUSLY WHAT IS GOING ON!?!??

Who is good? The Jets scored 9 points at home (still won though). Ravens in week 7 had to go to over time with winless Buffalo.

And that brings me back to the Seahawks. I thought after the Marshawn Lynch trade they had turned a corner. They were 2-0, with wins at home and on the road. They were taking care of business. Could they possibly be good?

Well that question seemingly got an answer on Sunday with the Raiders taking us out back and shoving their foot in our ass.

And don't even get me started on my fantasy team. Yes, the losing streak did fall to 3 games this week.

Someone make the bleeding stop.

No comments: