Thursday, September 13, 2012

Week 2 Picks

Last week, for lack of a better word, sucked. It sucked for my fantasy teams. It sucked for my real life team. It really sucked for my picks against the spread column. Basically, my wife could've handled all my football related affairs last weekend and I would've had a more productive weekend.

Except my Sanchez pick is off to a good start. That one made me smile (even though I didn't really buy into my own bs... as I picked Buffalo to beat the Jets last week).

Picks in Red.
  • Chicago @ Green Bay (-5) Do I think Green Bay will fall 0-2? No. Do I think Green Bay can stop Matt Forte from having a good game? Again, no. So, do I think Green Bay will cover? I do not. Moving on.
  • Arizona @ New England (-14) Despite Seattle losing to Arizona last week, I still think they suck. Tom Brady is going to leave behind scorched earth this weekend, which is going to shit all over my Seattle week 1 loss justification "Arizona had a really good defense"
  • Oakland @ Miami (+3) Miami blows. Oakland will run this to 10.
  • Minnesota @ Indianapolis (+ 1 1/2) Adrian Peterson did NOT blow out his ACL last year. He got a hang nail and was tired of running into 8 man fronts. Thats the only way to explain how he has come back to the point where he is now. Healthy (ish) AP is > Colts.
  • Houston @ Jacksonville (+ 7 1/2) This game sucks. Jacksonville covers.
  • Cleveland @ Cinncinati (-7) I mean they ARE divison rivals. One would hope Cleveland can keep it within a touchdown. If not, please start warming up that rotator cuff, mr. McCoy.
  • Kansas City @ Buffalo (-3) Buffalo took a huge ass whoopin' from the Jets and I can't even remember the name of the Reciever who caught the two touchdowns. That being said, me picking KC is more about me hoping Dexter McCluster goes ape shit, and less about Buffalo and how they looked last week.
  • Balitmore @ Philladelphia (-3) Philly should be getting 3 points, not giving. In fact, I'm 70 % sure I wrote this down wrong. Hold on. Holy shit, I wrote it down right. Baltimore, all day.
  • New Orleans @ Carolina (+3) I'm not overly prepared to write New Orleans off, and Carolina can't remember where they put their running game. Again, unfortunately for BOTH MY FANTASY TEAMS.
  • Tampa Bay @ New York Giants (-7) Tampa can run a little bit, pass a little bit and defend a little bit. I'm sure they can stay in this game.
  • Dallas @ Seattle (+3) Seattles going to win. So, there.
  • Washington @ St. Louis (+3) I guess St. Louis looked improved. Best player on the field is wearing a Redskins jersey though.
  • Tennessee @ San Diego (-6) San Diego should win, but I don't see them winning by a touchdown.
  • New York @ Pittsburgh (-6) If the NFL season were a game of horse, last weeks Sanchez game was some insane behind the backboard, blindfolded bull shit of a shot. There is a good chance he tried that shot to be funny, only it happened to go in. However, there is also a good shot he stays outside and practices shots like that. So, Mark, prove it.
  • Detroit @ San Francisco (-7) Lets do some more math. Green Bay is better than Detroit. San Francisco is better than Green Bay. Detroit is on the road where they are going to be able to run the ball less than normal. This equates to San Fransisco, handily.
  • Denver @ Atlanta (-3) I have no reasons for this. I'm just going to take the home team and pray Peyton has a set back.
Lets hope I'm better than last week. I sure as shit couldn't be any worse.


No comments: