Thursday, September 20, 2012

Week 3 and the AP Press Release

NEW YORK (AP)- New Player Safety rules maybe amended by the National Football League as soon as this afternoon, according to sources close to league sources.
 

The new rules, which are expected to be passed by dictator commissioner Roger Goodell, would effectively eliminate most contact within a football game by adopting rules set forth by the American Flag Football Association of America.
 
Goodell, who has long since declaired his intention to ruin clean up the NFL of dangerous physicallity, has long been rumored to be in favor of eliminating tackling all together.
 
The rule change has gained momentum following the hit WR Golden Tate applied to engaged LB Sean Lee, during Seattle's win over the Dallas Cowboys. A hit that has been classified by the League as a 'blindside hit' and will cost the wide reciever $21,000 dollars, despite not being called for a penalty.
 
Following the game, Tate took to twitter to justify protecting his Quarterback from the persuing defender. "I hope Sean Lee is ok. I never have intentions on injuring another player. It's football which means its physical. (A) Dirty hit would be if I went for his head or neck area."
 
Even Sean Lee, who was medically cleared to return to action after a few plays, didn't seem to have too much a problem with the hit. “That’s part of the deal,” Lee said following the 27-7 loss. He went on to add, “ I bet you if we went head-to-head and square up he probably won’t be celebrating as much. It’s part of the deal and part of football, and hits like that happen.”
 

Sexy.
When Goodell ratifies the new rule change, it is expected to be implimented as quickly as this week. However, it is believed that no one will be told until Sunday, when someone gets flagged randomly for performing previoulsy acceptable actions.

Like running.


 
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.



 Now, on to the picks. Althought I should probably stop there, because last week I went 0-2 in fantasy and 6-10 against the spread. If week 3 continues to be bad, I'm bringing in relief for next week. ( Picks in Red)
  • New York Giants @ Carolina Panthers -1 1/2 Because it wouldn't be a Giants season without Tom Coughlin almost getting fired.
  • Buffalo Bills @ Cleveland Browns + 2 1/2 I was going to take the Bills. Then I remember they aren't good and Trent Richardson might be.
  • San Fransico 49ers @ Minnesota Vikings +7 Huge win on Sunday night for SF. That usually translates to a team like Minnesota hanging around longer than they should the next week.
  • Detroit Lions @ Tennessee Titans + 3 1/2 I feel like the Lions should run the Titans by 15 here.
  • Cincinnati Bengals @ Washington Redskins -3 I'll take the Washington crowd during their home opener, thank you.
  • Kansas City Chiefs @ New Orleans Saints -8 1/2 This is the last week. You hear me, Saints? The last fucking week. You don't blow these dudes out of the water, I'm trading Brees off my fantasy team's and riding against you the rest of the season.
  • New York Jets @ Miami Dolphis +2 1/2 Reggie Bush has 6 straight games of atleast 100 yards from scrimmage. Thats the longest in the NFL in that time (Thank you, Mathew Berry).
  • Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts -3 Andrew Luck > Blaine Gabbert
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Dallas Cowboys -8 Am I the only one that saw Tampa put up 34 against New York last week and thought "these guys really don't suck?" Because getting 8 points against the Cowboys would suggest I am. I still think Romo is good,but Tampa is going to cover.
  • St. Louis Rams @ Chicago Bears -7 1/2 In Chicago, following 10 days of every calling Cutler a bum? I actually expect a good Cutler game. The Ram's might be decent though. Ram's cover.
  • Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals +3 The Eagles should be 0-2. Arizona has beat 2 good teams. Michael Vick likes to throw picks and Arizona likes to recieve picks. ARIZONA GOES 3-0.
  • Pittsburgh Steelers @ Oakland Raiders +4 Oakland, you broke my heart last weekend. Now the Steelers will break your backs.
  • Houston Texans @ Denver Broncos PK How brutal was Peyton Manning last week? He literally did just enough to beat me in one of my fantasy leagues while simultaniously costing me the game in my other league. I have never been so mad at a player in my life. This is a total spite pick.
  • New England Patriots @ Baltimore Ravens -2 1/2 Look, I'm heavily invested into the 2012 Patriots. They need to win for my sake.
  • Green Bay Packers @ Seattle Seahawks +3 My stepmom is from Wisconsin and her whole family are Packers fans. Typically, I love them all. But this is not a typical situation. This is Monday Night Football. We beat the Packers and I have a throbing boner for 6 days. This is bigger then family. THIS IS WAR!

No comments: