Sunday, December 7, 2008

Belvin Does Bellingham

Belvin does Bellingham had it's third installment this weekend. Nothing new to report, just that it ended the same way my trips north always end. With me well past hammered, and making an ass of myself.

Actually compared to the other two excursions, I was pretty tame. Atleast this time I didn't throw up. Which I am chalking up as a moral victory, especially if you take in account my previous Bellingham trips.

Lets take a stroll down memory lane:

Belvin Does Bellingham- I was the ripe full age of 20. I was making my first visit to Rob and Ali. Rob during his tenure at Western Washington had become a legendary partier. I was in no way prepared for the kind of drinking that was going to happen the first night. Nothing I had ever experienced before was near that nights league. All I remember through the blur of migrating through three parties, is having this exchange with Rob when he had decided it was time for us to leave:

"dude, we're walkin home." He tells me. I'm ok with that. I'm really drunk and I had a girlfriend at the time. I didn't want to do anything stupid.
"Do you know where we're at?"
"No. But I'm sure if we walk through this forrest it'll get us some where." Drunk me says, 'ok'. Sober me would've said 'uh, fuck you?'

After what felt like eternity Robs roommate found us chillin by a lamp post. According to him, Rob was posted up like a fearless captain who just endured a wild storm and I was laying on the concrete, probably because I was afraid it was going to blow away. Yup, thats gotta be it.

I threw up the next day. But that didn't stop me from meeting up with more friends later. The details on this one are fuzzy as well. I can tell you for sure that my cocktails that evening started off modest in amount, then by the magic of escalation turned into me just polishing off the Vodka.

I woke up the next day, thinking to myself 'shit it's cold'. It took a minute for me to realize that I was balls deep into cuddling with a Spiderman doll, and I was on a couch outside in Bellingham. IN FUCKING OCTOBER! And yes, that day was officially the worst hangover I had ever had up until the Fourth of July this year).

Blvin Does Bellingham #2- This took place in June so it's still very fresh in my mind (atleast the stories that were told to me). I'll give you a recap:

We went to a kegger for this dudes graduation party out in the middle of Buttfucknowhere. After successfully stretching that five dollar cup into like a full case of beer, we head over to another party. I don't remember much at this place. This might have had been caused by the double shots of vodka I was taking with my friend Katie( the very same Katie from the last post).

I woke up the next day at my buddy Daniel's house, with Rob standing over me.

"You will NEVER believe what you did last night."
"Huh?" I was confused. I had a funny taste in my mouth though. "Did I throw up?"
"Oh yeah. I have video. It's fucking awesome." Rob was enjoying this. But I didn't get the feeling that the video was the cause of his excitment. "But thats not all...you made out with a MONSTER"

He continued with the story of how I was just swaying like a tree in the wind, and some monster of a girl came over, whispered something in my ear then devoured my face. I have no recollection of the time in question. But Rob loves that story.

Back to the present. Nothing to eventful took place. We went to the Horse Shoe the first night, and a kegger the next. I had a solid hangover on Sunday, and my ass was on fire. I think I took like three shits that day.

On the positive side, I didn't get arrested, I didn't throw up and I didn't wake up next to Spiderman. There were no stories of monsters eating my face, and I didn't get naked (huge plus).

It was just me, some friends and some high quanity social drinking. I mean sure, I dropped some personal knoweledge on people. We discussed things like shitting and how often I jerk it.

I gotta to say if thats the worst of it, I guess I can count that as a win.

Belvin 1-Bellingham 2.

2 comments:

AnnieH said...

Crap, this is a riot. thank God you guys aren't driving or riding in cars. Natural storyteller, Andy-
it's great.

Clinically Awesome said...

Thanks auntie!